To start using ThreatSTOP’s platform, you will need to create an account.
The account setup process will create:
- An organization (identified by its organization ID) which will hold the configuration (e.g. devices and policies).
- A user account (identified by the email address), will have Full Administrative access to the new organization.
Users can be configured to access multiple organizations, with configurable access levels. See the User Roles documentation for the description of the Role-based Access Control (RBAC) features.
Two types of organization accounts are available:
- Commercial accounts: All accounts with active paid subscriptions purchased directly from ThreatSTOP, or from an authorized reseller or OEM, are considered Commercial Accounts. The features and capabilities of a Commercial Account are defined by the active subscriptions for that account. Creating a commercial account starts a free 30-day trial of the fully-featured product. If you are evaluating ThreatSTOP for your organization, select this option.
- Community accounts: ThreatSTOP offers a free version of our platform that is available for personal or business use, but does not include all the features available to a paid Commercial Account. You can learn more about the free Community edition here.
You can create a new commercial account here and a new commmunity account here. After filling the form with your contact information and accepting the Terms of Service, you will receive an email with a link to set your password and access the Admin Portal.
A signup code is not required but if you have one, enter it during the signup to enable a customized account configuration.
Organization settings are displayed by clicking on the Organization ID at the top of the menu and selecting the Organization settings entry. This operation requires the Manage Company Settings or View Company Settings permission. Organization settings include the name of the Organization and the list of subscriptions (SKUs) attached to the organization. Note that Organization ID is generated during account creation and can’t be changed.
Subscriptions and SKUs
From the account settings page, you can list the features enabled for the organization. Features differ based on the type of accounts (Commercial or Community) and the level of service (such as the maximum number of devices, or optional features).
Clicking on View subscriptions will display a page that lists the active subscriptions for the account, including their start and end dates. Subscriptions enable a set of SKUs for a time period.
- You can also change the display to show Pending, Expired and Terminated subscriptions.
- Clicking on the SKUs button will display their description.
- SKU bundles can be further expanded by clicking the ”+” icon.
If your account has no active subscription, you will remain able to login to reach:
- The account settings page.
- The subscription information page.
- The Customer Support information page.
User account configuration
We recommend enabling Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) for your account to prevent unauthorized access. The Admin Portal supports Time-based One-Time Passwords (TOTP), implemented by various phone apps, such as Google Authenticator.
To enable Two-Factor Authentication:
- Click on your username/user icon in the menubar to access the Account Settings page.
- Click Enable Two-Factor Authentication. A QR Code and code (string) will be shown.
- If your TOTP app can scan the QR code, scan it. Otherwise, enter the code.
- Your app will generate a code. Enter it and click Verify.
The next time you login, you will be prompted for a time-based code after entering your username and password. You will also have the option of remembering the browser used to login for the next 30 days.
On the account settings page, you can also reset the TFA configuration - for example to switch to a different device or application. You can also disable TFA. For your security, these operations require re-entering your password.
If you lose the device with the TFA configuration, the TFA page allows you to reset the configuration by sending an email to your email address.
The following settings can be edited on the account page:
- First and Last name - used when contacting you and to identify the account holder.
- The email address used to login.
- The password for the account.
- The theme (color scheme) used by your account.
You can customize the image displayed for the logged in user using Gravatar.