The ThreatSTOP Community Account is our way of saying thank you to the security community for providing us with valuable data. Community Accounts are available to individuals and organizations, commercial and non-profit. Community accounts can not be used for resale or commercial purposes.
The community edition of ThreatSTOP support loading a policy on one instance of every device type supported by ThreatSTOP:
- A IP Firewall or router, for inbound/outbound IP level protection
- A DNS server, for outbound DNS protection
- A Windows or OS X laptop, for outbound DNS protection.
The list of supported devices is available here.
Many features of ThreatSTOP are available in Community accounts:
- Predefined policies for out-the-box protection against common Threats.
- Check IOC: access to the database of malicious domains and IP addresses.
- Reporting: comprehensive reports showing the malicious connections and lookups from your devices.
- Email reports and alerts
The Community product doesn’t include the following features:
- Policy customization
- User-defined lists of domains and IP addresses
- Access to the REST API
- SIEM Integration
- Custom user roles
The logs are retained for 7 days for reporting - unlike the full product which provides for 30 days of retention.
Uploading logs is required to maintain a Community accounts. Complete terms and Conditions are documented here.
None of the Licensed Software, and no part of the ThreatSTOP Service, may be downloaded, used to provide services or otherwise exported or re-exported (a) into any country for which the United States has a trade embargo or that is prohibited under the United States Export Administration Regulations, as well as the People’s Republic of China, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders. Customer represents and warrants that it is not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.